APPLICATION EMULATION AND SECURITY VALIDATION
TeraVM is an application emulation and security performance solution, delivering comprehensive test coverage for application services, wired and wireless networks.
TeraVM is offered as a virtualised solution enabling the flexibility to run anywhere - lab, datacentre and the cloud, with consistent performance coverage, ensuring that highly optimised networks and services can be delivered with minimal risk.
Migrate to virtualization
with confidence validation for proprietary and virtual functions
Test Physical or Virtual Devices
TeraVM is a highly scalable virtualized test solution, suitable for testing high performance physical devices at terabit rates. Yet at the same time, TeraVM can be deployed in a virtual server to test virtual networking devices. This enormous versatility provides great benefit particularly when testing both the physical and virtual version of a product such as a firewall.
Elastic Test Bed - Scale as you Grow
With TeraVM you no longer have to pre-plan the scale of your test bed. You can start small at a gigabit or less of test application traffic and add more servers as your test needs increase. Or you could take the opposite approach and build a large scale test bed and then break it up in to its constituent parts to make many small test beds or even individual test beds that single engineers or testers could use for functional testing.
TeraVM is deployed on any industry standard hardware (e.g. Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM) with any major hypervisor (e.g. VMware ESXI, Hyper-V, KVM). With TeraVM you are no longer locked in to proprietary hardware that seems to be obsolete almost the minute you receive it.
TeraVM is packaged as a virtual appliance which is easily deployed on any industry-standard hardware and only requires a software license to operate. For geographically dispersed test organizations moving a test bed across the world is as simple as checking out a license from a centrally deployed license server.
TeraVM enables customers to:
- Build an elastic test bed which scales both vertically as well as horizontally
- Scale vertically from 1 Gigabit per second up to 1 Terabit per second
- Scale horizontally across test locations e.g. same building or geo-location
- Centrally manage and allocate test resources via a license server
- Gain higher utilization rates of a single test bed through license sharing
Key features of TeraVM
- Emulation and measurement of millions of unique application flows
- Fully stateful application flows, test live application servers
- Real time analysis and reporting on each individual application flow
- Easy pin pointing and isolation of problem flows
TeraVM leverages virtualization technologies to deliver application traffic emulation and performance measurement with scaled throughput on industry-standard hardware.
Cybersecurity and Resilience
TeraVM provides scalable real-world application and threat emulation which leverages veritable internet threats from popular Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVE) repositories. With frequent updates available ensures users assess their security posture in the landscape of ongoing changes for applications, attacks and standards.
Secure access and application integrity
TeraVM supports both clientless (SSL/TLS/DTLS) and client (IPsec IKEv1/ v2) orientated VPNs, with the ability to validate performance using a number of authentication, integrityand encryption algorithms. In addition TeraVM enables performance validation on the user application traffi c passing through the secure tunnels, enabling a pragmatic approach to policy settings.
Migrate to NFV with confidence
With TeraVM’s NFV test solution you can ensure performance, reliability and predictability for your virtualised network functions. TeraVM is the only test solution available that can be orchestrated into an NFV system as a regular VNF, enabling Traffi c as a Service to ensure the reliable delivery of the next generation of network services.
- Highly scalable: 1 Gbps to 1 Tbps
- Test both physical and virtual devices
- Supports all major hypervisors: VMware ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer and KVM
- Delivers 100% of capabilities developed over 10+ years
- Rapid expansion and contraction of test beds
- On demand test bed portability
- Utilizes industry-standard hardware
- Offers most cost effective method of test